Managing staff is simpler with everything online in one place. With Syrve, you can keep track of staff rotas, salaries, attendance, targets and incentives across the entire operation. As a result, you can raise performance and minimise costs — while making every staff member feel valued and connected.
- Free up time: Avoid spending hours of valuable time in the back office, figuring out staff schedules and using spreadsheets. Let Syrve do the heavy lifting for you
- Build cost-effective schedules: Ensure every working hour is used effectively. As you make changes, the schedule planner displays your labour costs, so you can stay on budget
- Use AI-driven forecasting: See clearly how many staff you need on a shift and who’s available
- Improve performance: Increase revenue with smart upsell prompts. Monitor individual and overall staff performance. Reward and retain your best people
Optimise staff schedules
Planning shifts for weeks ahead is essential for a restaurant’s smooth-running. With Syrve, staff scheduling no longer needs to be a time-consuming, complex and manual task that’s prone to errors. You can minimise labour costs while ensuring you are well-staffed, thanks to helpful tools and accurate forecasts.
- Build staff schedules with precision accuracy: Ensure every working hour is used effectively. Use workflow management to simplify cleaning schedules, temperature checks and other routine tasks. Extend scheduling across multiple sites if needed
- Watch costs closely: The schedule planner displays your labour costs, as you make changes, so you can keep the business on budget
- Use AI-driven forecasting: See clearly how many staff you need on a shift and who’s available. Don’t get caught out by holidays and shift overlaps
- Improve team morale: Ensure staff feel motivated and not under-deployed, or overrun and stressed. They can log in via their personal Syrve account and check their shifts instantly
Set and calculate incentives
Tech can help you to improve team morale and motivation. Syrve enables you to create a bonus system that makes sense for your business. You can set performance incentives for waiting staff, chefs, shifts or everyone at any specific restaurant. And you only pay bonuses when business is good.
- Improve performance: Incentivise staff to give their best, increase efficiency and improve the customer experience. Reward and retain your best people
- Target incentives: Define targets for individuals or teams — or raise company-wide performance by managing team metrics across sites
- Keep track of outcomes and costs: Calculate bonuses automatically. These could be based on a percentage of sales, per sale, a designated sum, or other performance related factors
- Check effectiveness: Syrve’s intelligent reporting tracks rewards and offers insight into granular, real-time data to enable transparency and drive decisions
Make every staff member feel connected
With Syrve, you can electronically engage with staff across multiple sites as soon as they check in. All employees have a personal page that includes a news feed, motivation programs, work schedule and notifications. At any time, you can be sure that staff know their goals, current performance and rewards.
- Boost morale: Stay connected with all staff. Make them feel valued and always ‘kept in the loop’ about what’s happening in your company
- Share important news effectively: Don’t rely on printed memos, emails or word-of-mouth. Push notifications of new menus, company news and other key details
- Enable your staff to keep track of goals: Let staff know their performance goals and how they’re doing in your incentives programmes
- Use insights for better management: Let managers see each employee’s attendance rates, satisfaction scores, how many discounts/refunds they’ve given away
Promote upsell opportunities
Special promotions might boost revenue by 5% or more when offered to diners at the right moment. Syrve automatically prompts staff to promote meal deals and combo deals to increase sales. Servers are made aware with suggested items and special deals. These pop up as they input orders.
- Increase revenue: Improve sales and enhance the customer experience by providing great value
- Create your own deals: It’s easy for managers to design and trial offers. These could be about sides, combos, 2-4-1s on drinks, or special offers on desserts. It’s your choice
- Prompt staff at the right moment: Offers appear on-screen automatically when waiting staff are taking orders from customers
- Record performance: Track sales and create contests between servers. Use a digital leadership board to promote competition. Syrve keeps score for you
Control operations and plan ahead
Because virtually every event related is record in-the-moment with Syrve, it’s possible to see staff performance in real-time. As a result, you can reward top performers, identify issues of concern and improve your staff management strategy and recruitment over time.
- Access valuable reports: These provide valuable data on labour costs and other key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide an overview of the business in real-time
- View staff performance: Check attendance and the success of rewards programmes
- Receive alerts: If staff ‘misuse’ issues arise, the system can tell you automatically. These might relate to write-offs, payment removals, order cost reductions after printing and cancelling a bill, discounts, guests checking in, frequent check-ins per employee or large sum bills
With Syrve, you can gain full visibility of labour costs. This includes real-time cost control and planning of schedules — so you don’t need to wait for payroll at the end of the month. The accrual method records wages as well as penalties and bonuses.
- Monitor costs: Calculation of an employee’s ‘tentative’ wages can be performed automatically (for employees working with attendance and shift records, such managers) or manually (for employees working without attendance control, such as administrators)
- View approximate labour costs at any time: To accrue an employee’s wages automatically, you need to assign a schedule and fill in attendances for them. These accruals are performed uniformly, and the amounts are displayed in reports as accrual progresses
- Ensure payments are accurate: Syrve integrates with well-known HR and payroll apps. We can provide access to real-time, accurate information – to ensure that employees are correctly paid and in accordance with labour laws